We want everyone who visits the British 亿博体育app website to feel welcome, find the information they need and have a rewarding experience.
How we tested this website
This website is under active development and is being tested on an ongoing basis using the following:
- Screen readers: JAWS 2018/IE11,?iOS 12.3.1/VoiceOver,?Talkback/Android equivalent
- Manual inspection
- Testing with support from users that use assistive technologies
What are we doing?
To help us make the British 亿博体育app website a useful resource for everyone, we've been using the . These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for disabled people, and user friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the The British 亿博体育app website.
How are we doing?
We're working hard to achieve our goal of Level AA accessibility, but we realise there are some areas that still need improving. The following provides information on current areas, identified across the website, that are not fully accessible.
1.1.1: Non-text content
There is 3D content that some screen readers cannot translate or provide alternative audio content for. This feature also requires users to drag and rotate the 3D models which may be inaccessible to some people. There are no plans yet to update this plugin, however in the meantime and where possible, we will provide additional supporting content that corresponds to the 3D content on the relevant pages.
2.1.2: No keyboard trap
There is a table booking form and confirmation pop-up window for the Great Court restaurant which people who use keyboard commands only may not be able to interact with. There are no plans yet to update this plugin, however there are contact details on the page to make enquiries by phone or email.
2.4.3: Focus order
There is some 3D content that is incorrectly labelled for screen readers. There are no plans yet to update this plugin, however in the meantime and where possible, we will provide additional supporting content that corresponds to the 3D content on the relevant pages.
2.5.1: Pointer gestures
There is 3D content that requires a mouse to interact with, causing difficulty for users who cannot easily drag the mouse while holding the buttons. There are no plans yet to update this plugin, however in the meantime and where possible, we will provide additional supporting content that corresponds to the 3D content on the relevant pages.
New and existing content
- We are updating our in-house digital content guidelines to ensure new web content and online resources meet WCAG AA standards.
- Many of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards. For example, they may not be structured in a way that makes them accessible to a screen reader. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (Info and relationships).
- Some older videos do not have captions or an Audio Described alternative. Where the video is not providing similar information in a different form, this fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.2.2 (Captions) and/or WCAG 1.2.3 Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded).
- There are no plans to update all historic content but where possible, and on request, we may be able to provide information in alternative formats.
Let us know what you think
has advice on making your device easier to use, for disabled web users.?
If you enjoyed using the British 亿博体育app website, had trouble with any part of it or find any problems that aren't listed on this page, or?we're not meeting accessibility requirements, please get in touch:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on +44 (0)20 7323 8000
- Get in touch through our Contact us page
This accessibility statement was prepared on 12th November 2019.